Friday, 20 November 2015

Thinking Out Loud

I've been listening to a lot of Ed Sheeran these days, mainly because I LOVE the "Thinking Out Loud" video. I'm totally enthralled with the dancing of both Ed and the lovely Brittany Cherry.  One wouldn't want me to think out loud too much on this subject. . .
However, I digress. . .
According to Wikipedia, "Thinking out Loud" was written at
2am on 4 February 2014 (on a side note, great Goddess, I love a man who records the time he does stuff!!) and was written in 20 minutes. Before I could think, "whoa, that's one hell of a Mars transit," I did the chart. Mars is in the 12th house in Libra so a nice placement for a beautiful piece of music. Mars is in trine to the Sun and Mercury as well as Neptune. Again, all very nice for writing a song. But what captured my attention was misery guts Saturn on the ascendant. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense until one realises that Saturn in on Brittany's N Node. It's a work opportunity that will bring a lifetime of opportunities. And just look at the Sun/Moon conjunction! And Moon/Uranus conjunct Brittany's Mars! Just beautiful astrology for a dancer.
I read on Brittany's blog that she started dancing at 3 years old (a Jupiter square), as Jupiter transited her Moon--and it is this square that was activated by the transiting Sun when the song was composed. Jupiter would have transited her Mars and opposed its own position when she was 6 so here's betting that was the age when her talents as a dancer were truly emerging. She indicates on her website that she understood at a young age that she knew she would be a professional dancer. At the age of 18, when most people are making decisions about their career, Jupiter again transited her Mars.
In between her 1st Jupiter return and first Saturn opposition, she was competing in the Dancing With the Stars Kids Edition. And in recent years, she has been performing with many big names in Dance.
I just can't get enough of the video, the song and I just can't take my eyes off the beauty and grace that is Brittany Cherry.


No comments:

Post a Comment